EXPERTS IN NEUROLOGICAL REHABILITATION
Our highly skilled and specialised therapists have extensive experience treating a variety of neurological conditions. Through collaborative goal setting, patient focused treatment planning and state of the art equipment and therapy, our therapists aim to holistically improve our clients’ quality of life and functional outcomes. We believe each client’s personal attributes and unique injury requires an individual therapy approach, intensity, modality and technique. Through rigorous objective assessments, and our focus on treatment efficacy, we ensure our clients reach their full rehabilitation potential.
At NBR, we are proud to provide excellent and optimal evidence based practice rehabilitation for the following neurological conditions:
- Stroke Rehabilitation – including acute and chronic post-injury impairments
- Spinal Cord Injury, Spina Bifida and Transverse Myelitis Rehabilitation for all abilities and levels
- Acquired Brain Injury Rehabilitation
- Guillain Barre Syndrome and
- Cerebral Palsy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuropathy and Dystonia Management and Therapy
- Nerve Injury Rehabilitation including spine and limb involvement
- Functional Movement Disorders
- Comprehensive rehabilitation for Neurodegenerative Conditions – this includes Parkinson’s and Parkinson’s Plus Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease (including ALS), Late Effects of Polio/Post-Polio Syndrome, Cerebellar and Spinal Ataxias, Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia
- Vestibular conditions and dizziness – this includes problems with vertigo, visual disturbance and imbalance. This can include conditions such as BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), migraine and concussion
- Spasticity Management including splinting, pre-post medication and botulinum toxin injection and consultancy service
- Other movement disorders are treated in close communication with referring Neurologists and General Practitioners.
UNIQUE POSITION IN COMMUNITY SERVICE PROVISION
NBR’s unique ability to provide both mobile and gym-based therapy ensures any client wishing to trial a period of private rehabilitation has access to specialised therapy. Set apart from the hospital, therapy can be provided to any level of care, and ideally in any setting (pending approval) including residential care facilities and independent living units. We strive to work alongside inpatient and Day Program hospital settings to fill the longer-term management gap in complex neurological conditions.
We look forward to welcoming you to NBR, and deliver an exceptional multidisciplinary service to help our client’s reach their full rehabilitation potential.